We are excited to have Renee Parsons from One Sweet Day Makeup with us today sharing her expert advice on pre-wedding skincare and how to have your skin at its best for your big day.
Preparing your skin for that that radiant glow for your wedding day doesn’t start the day before you get married but in fact for best results 3 months before gives you adequate time to improve the appearance, texture, hydration and elasticity of your kin.
A good skin care routine doesn’t have to take hours but just minutes out of your day.
- Use a cleanser in the shower to save you time.
- Always cleanse twice in the evening. The first cleanse removes any makeup you have on the skin and the second removes any impurities(oil/dirt) from the skin.
- Exfoliating 2-3 times a week this new cell growth and remove any dead skin from the surface leaving it refreshed and smooth.
- Applying a mask for as little as 5 minutes will give you benefits than not applying at all.
- Toning/Tonic (non alcohol based) is important it puts back the nutrients and also hydrates the skin that may have been lost while cleansing.
- Moisturising, this is vitally important. Even if you have oily skin moisturising has so many benefits, it hydrates, protects and nourishes the skin. If your skin is oily the right moisturiser will actually help control your oil flow and minimise it.
- Sun protection should be applied everyday. This protects you from the suns UV rays that can potentially cause skin pigmentation and skin cancers.
If buying a skin care range just feels a little out of your budget then using natural remedies for example lemon is a great natural remedy for exfoliation using the lemon juice paint it over the face (avoiding eyes) and the natural alpha hydroxy acid breaks down the dead skins cells leaving it smooth and fresh.
Find out more about Renee and her makeup services at the One Sweet Day Makeup website.